We’ve collected all the important information for you to help make your application less daunting, simply click the headings below to find out more.
To view our HE Admissions Policy click here
The UCAS Tariff is the system for allocating points for the qualifications that you have studied.
All our entry requirements for our HE courses are set as UCAS points. This means you can see clearly what qualifications you will need to study our courses.
More information about UCAS Tariffs can be found here: UCAS Tariff Calculator
UK and EU student should apply for through UCAS. You will need to register on the UCAS website. Your registration is free, but you will need to pay to make your application. The charge for your application is £18 if you are applying to one college/university for one course, or £24 if you are applying to more than one.
Please complete your application form in full. The more information you can provide, the easier it is to make a decision on your application.
If you are applying through a school or college, your tutor will see your application before it is sent to us. This is because they will provide a reference for you. If you are applying independently, you are responsible for obtaining and attaching your reference and submitting your completed application form. References should be completed by someone who can talk about your suitability for the course.
Below are the important deadlines for students, colleges and universities in the HE application process.
- 22nd May 2018 – UCAS Undergraduate Apply opens for 2019 entry.
- 5th September, 2019 – Applications can be sent to UCAS.
- 15th January, 2019, 18:00 (UK time) – Equal opportunities deadline
- 25th February, 2019 – If you are eligible to use Extra, you can refer yourself to another choice.
- 30th June, 2019 – If you send your application to UCAS by 18:00 (UK time) on this date, it will be sent to Universities and Colleges. If your application is submitted after this time, you will be entered into Clearing.
- 4th July, 2019 – Last date to apply through Extra.
- 5th July, 2019 – Clearing begins
- 6th August 2019 – SQA results are published and the Scottish Clearing vacancy information service starts.
- 15th August, 2019 – GCE and Advanced Diploma results are published and Clearing begins. You can find out more about clearing by clicking here.
- 15th August 2019 – Adjustment opens for registration. To find out more about Adjustment click here.
- 31st August, 2019 – Remaining offer conditions must be met, and Adjustment ends.
- 20th September, 2019 – Final deadline for 2019 entry applications.
- 22nd October, 2018 – Last date to add 2019 entry Clearing choices and for unis/colleges to make decisions. Any applications that are still outstanding will be rejected by default.