Scholarships may be available to some students studying FdSc Equine Performance Science or BSc (Hons) Equine Performance Science (Top-Up).
Scholarship availability is for students who fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- National competition data available for riders competing at or above these levels in the past 24 months:
- BE100 with at least two double clears and one top 10 placing.
- BS Discovery level with at least one top 10 placing.
- BD Novice with at least one top 10 placing with at least 6 BD points.
- Para-dressage riders who are Bronze group upwards with a recent competition record showing successful results at their level.
- New undergraduate students with a household income below £25,000 and in receipt of the full maintenance loan from SLC.
- A care leaver aged 25 or below
- Have high achievements on entry (ABB or higher at A Level, DDD or higher at L3 Extended Diploma, D or higher from City & Guilds Extended Diploma, BHS Stage 4 award holder with distinction).
- Live in a UK postcode identified as having low progression to higher education according to the Government’s POLAR4 data (i.e. Quintile 1 or Quintile 2 postcode). To check if your postcode qualifies, enter your postcode into the Office for Students calculator and refer to the ‘POLAR4 young participation quintile’.
Applications are reviewed case by case, and may not always be awarded in an academic year at the discretion of the Higher Education Head of Faculty.
Any award will need reapplying for each academic year, and can be revoked during the year if the student is not showing commitment, high attendance, high achievement (no failed elements of modules), or not promoting the profile of College Equine.
If students are successful in applying for a scholarship, they will be offered the following:
Credit to use towards on-site accommodation or livery in instalments throughout the academic year. The amount will be decided by BMC with regards to criteria hit by each individual application.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship or wish to apply, please contact Rachel Watson on email@example.com