This course provides a progression route from the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (England) qualification, and supports the development of staff in a number of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector, including:
- Community Care/Support Officer
- Social Care Ambassador
- Care Assessment Officer
- Services Officer
- Social Care Assistant
- Social Work Assistant
- Brokerage Worker
- Rehabilitation and Reablement Assistant
- Independence Support Assistant
- Reablement Support Worker/Officer
- Telecare Assistant
- Assistive Technology Co-ordinator/Officer
Learners should be at least 18 years old and hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
12-18 months (part-time)
- Advanced Communication Skills
- Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Equality and Diversity in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Understanding Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care Settings
- Facilitating Person-centred Assessment to Support Wellbeing of Individuals
- Facilitating Support Planning to Promote Positive Outcomes for Individuals and to Support Wellbeing
- Understanding Personalisation in Care and Support Services
- Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Settings
- Professional Practice in Health and Social Care for Adults or Children and Young People
- Developing, Maintaining and Using Records and Reports
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Who Are Present in the Adult Social Care Sector
Learners will choose optional units to the value of six credits from Option A and 28 credits from Option B (depending on their role).
Upon completion of this course, progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.
Standalone courses can be funded through the Adult Learner Loan.
Apprenticeships can be funded through the Employer Levy.
Want to find out more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Come along to a Melton Campus Open Day to meet our industry-expert teaching staff.
You can book a place on an open day here or by calling 01664 855 444.