Starting September 2022!*
Students are required to undertake a range of modules in order to give them a rounded programme of study and ensure they reach the level of academia and scientific understanding often required in graduate job roles. You will learn how to analyse and evaluate, and will use scientific literature to reinforce your findings.
The College has a multitude of industry links which we have developed over the past twenty years, enabling us to integrate work-based learning with Higher Education. You will even have opportunities to shadow high-level coaches (including from Leicester Tigers, Mansfield Town Football Club, BHS and UKCC Equestrian coaches), physiotherapists and personal trainers.
Students have access to our Equine Rehabilitation Centre, embedded within their Therapy and Rehabilitation module, allowing them to gain hands-on experience and put theory into practice. You will have access to free British Horse Society examination training and riding lessons, which will increase employability and enhance equitation skills.
As part of your course, you will have the opportunity take part in the following enrichment activities: charity events, various trips and visits (previously, students have visited Dubai, the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Blenheim and Burghley Horse Trials, Olympia, Ireland and more), in-house competitions at our commercial Brooksby Equestrian Centre, student voice, access to the gym, BHS training and exams. Students also benefited from guest talks from industry specialists and successful BMC alumni.
- Year 1: 72 UCAS points. Level 3 Extended Diploma in a vocationally relevant subject or 3 A Levels (preferably 1 in a science subject)
- Year 2: 120 credits at Level 4/Year 1 in a relevant subject. A bridging assignment may be required.
Year 1 Modules**
- Practical Skills for the Equine Industry
- Small Business Management
- Research Skills
- Equine Exercise Physiology and Training the Sports Horse
- Equine Anatomy and Physiology
- Equestrian Sports and Competition Analysis
Year 2 Modules**
- Practical Management of the Performance Horse
- Research Methods on Topical Issues
- Evidenced-based Rehabilitation and Therapy Plan
- Industry Experience
- Small Business Enterprise
- Equine Event Management and Marketing
**Modules are subject to change
The modules will be assessed by a variety of methods, including essays, presentations, exams, practical assessments, and professional discussions.
Students are able to progress onto a top-up course in Equine to complete their degree.
- Equestrian Centre with stabling for 36 horses
- Equine Rehabilitation Centre
- Water Treadmill
- Mechanical Horse
- Two Indoor Arenas (60m x 30m; 20m x 40m)
- Outdoor competition arena (80m x 40x)
- Opportunities to work with other course areas and take advantage of their facilities, such as Sports Science and Animal Management.
- On-site accommodation, including free gym membership.
- Livery options available.
- Situated on a beautiful, 850-acre estate in the heart of Leicestershire.
£7,500 per year. Click here for the latest information
Scholarship and bursary opportunities are available, including possible free accommodation (worth £5000). Please click here for more details.
Want to know more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you an opportunity to meet our expert teaching staff and to take a look at our fantastic facilities – giving you a flavour of what it’s like to be a BMC student!
You can book a place here (just remember to visit the Brooksby Campus, not the Melton Campus!).
*Subject to validationView All Courses