Starting September 2022!*
The College has a multitude of industry links which we have developed over the past twenty years, enabling us to integrate work-based learning with Higher Education. You will even have opportunities to shadow high-level coaches (including from Leicester Tigers, Mansfield Town Football Club, BHS and UKCC Equestrian coaches), physiotherapists and personal trainers.
You will have access to free British Horse Society examination training and riding lessons, which will increase employability and enhance equitation skills.
As part of your course, you will have the opportunity take part in the following enrichment activities: charity events, various trips and visits (previously, students have visited Dubai, the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Blenheim and Burghley Horse Trials, Olympia, Ireland and more), in-house competitions at our commercial Brooksby Equestrian Centre. Students also benefited from guest talks from industry specialists and successful BMC alumni.
- Year 1: 72 UCAS points. Level 3 Extended Diploma in a vocationally relevant subject or 3 A Levels (preferably 1 in a science subject)
- Year 2: 120 credits at Level 4/Year 1 in a relevant subject. A bridging assignment may be required.
Year 1 Modules**
- Practical Skills for the Equine Industry
- Small Business Management
- Research Skills
- Principles of Sports Coaching
- Equestrian Sports and Competition Analysis
- Introduction to Performance Analysis
Year 2 Modules**
- Practical Management of the Performance Horse
- Research Methods on Topical Issues
- Applied Sports Coaching
- Industry Experience
- Small Business Enterprise
- Strength and Conditioning Injury Prevention
**Modules are subject to change
The modules will be assessed by a variety of methods, including essays, presentations, exams, practical assessments, and professional discussions.
Students are able to progress onto a top-up course in Equine to complete their degree.
- Equestrian Centre with stabling for 36 horses
- Equine Rehabilitation Centre
- Water Treadmill
- Mechanical Horse
- Two Indoor Arenas (60m x 30m; 20m x 40m)
- Outdoor competition arena (80m x 40x)
- Opportunities to work with other course areas and take advantage of their facilities, such as Sports Science and Animal Management.
- On-site accommodation, including free gym membership.
- Livery options available.
- Situated on a beautiful, 850-acre estate in the heart of Leicestershire.
£7,500 per year. Click here for the latest information
Scholarship and bursary opportunities are available, including possible free accommodation (worth £5000). Please click here for more details.
Want to know more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you an opportunity to meet our expert teaching staff and to take a look at our fantastic facilities – giving you a flavour of what it’s like to be a BMC student!
You can book a place here (just remember to visit the Brooksby Campus, not the Melton Campus!).
*Subject to validationView All Courses