The industry-standard facilities at our multi-million pound Animal Care Centre allows you to experience working with a wide range of domestic and exotic animal species, as well as taking your scientific studies further in the microbiology, dissection and general laboratories.
Students will further develop their research capabilities and learn how to integrate new evidence into their existing body of knowledge. They will have the opportunity to demonstrate awareness of the discursive and scientific practices pertaining to the discipline of Animal Management, and their connection to wider public debate. Transferable skills will be enhanced to prepare you for further study or employment in the industry.
- 120 Credits at Level 4/Year 1 and 120 Credits at Level 5/Year 2 in a relevant subject (Merit Profile). A bridging assignment may be required.
1 Year (Full-Time)
- Professional Industry Project
- Management of Animal Collections
- Research Project
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Education in the Animal Management Industry
Our students progress to develop careers in animal welfare, dog training, psychology, nutritional development, kennel/cattery management, education, zoo management, animal rehabilitation, animal research development, conservation and wildlife ecology.
- A wide range of animals to work with, including domestic and companion animals, reptiles, amphibians and aquatics, horses and farm livestock.
- Industry-standard equipment, including an aqua treadmill and science laboratories.
- On-site kennel and cattery units.
- Opportunities to work with other course areas and take advantage of their facilities, such as Equine Performance Science and the Brooksby Equestrian Centre.
- On-site accommodation, including free gym membership.
- Situated on a beautiful, 850-acre estate in the heart of Leicestershire.
£7,500 per year
“I started at BMC 5 years ago doing my Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management and I fell in love with the College, the facilities and the staff. I applied to numerous universities and was accepted into all of them; I actually left BMC for another university but three days into my degree I came back! I missed the College too much: BMC had become a home from home for me. The level of support that I received from the tutors was unbelievable and you honestly couldn’t get it from anywhere else. No matter how many times I asked a question or questioned my own capabilities, the tutors were there for me, motivating me and believing in me! They don’t just care about your grades, you are more than just a statistic to them. They constantly made sure we as students were okay and coping with the degree as well as helping with any problems I was facing outside of college. I have never experienced this level of support anywhere else.
The modules within the degree were varied and I most enjoyed the Animal Rehabilitation and Education modules. The tutors taught these subjects fantastically and they were paired with practical sessions which helped my understanding. I also had the opportunity to visit South Africa twice, and both trips truly were life changing experiences that I wouldn’t have been able to have if it weren’t for BMC!
I am currently studying my PGCE at BMC, and I work as a Training Officer in the Foundation department. My job is so rewarding and I love giving back what I received at BMC; not only is it a fantastic place to study but it’s also a wonderful place to work!”
Tessa Smithson – BSc (Hons) Animal Management (Science & Welfare) Graduate
Want to know more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you an opportunity to meet our expert teaching staff and to take a look at our fantastic facilities – giving you a flavour of what it’s like to be a BMC student!
You can book a place here: (just remember to visit the Brooksby Campus, not the Melton Campus!)Register Now
Ready to apply?Apply Now
*Subject to validationView All Courses