BMC offers a range of student accommodation including student halls of residence on the Brooksby campus and private rented accommodation in the surrounding area.
Halls are located in the grounds of our beautiful 13th century manor house set on an 850 acre country estate. The exquisite mature gardens and ornamental lake which surround the hall will provide the perfect place to study and live.
Individual rooms with communal lounge and kitchen and shared showers.
All accommodation includes:
- Communal lounge with television (students will have to provide their own TV and licence in their private rooms)
- Kitchens are equipped with fridge-freezer, oven, grill, microwave and a washing machine.
- Each bedroom is furnished with a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and shelves
- A 24 hour on call emergency service is available
- On campus Refectory open during week days and term times only.
- FREE Utility bills in weekly price (gas, electric and water)
- FREE car parking on site
- FREE Wi-Fi
Many students choose to stay in our onsite accommodation at Brooksby for there first year of study. While we always try to meet demand, frequently applications exceed the number of rooms available. To support a fair process of allocation, we do have some groups who are given priority, which include (in no particular order):
- Those who have confirmed BMC as their first / firm choice with UCAS (as at end of May 2016)
- First year undergraduate students
- Students with physical disabilities
- First year Top-up students
Key dates for applying for accommodation:
- Applications for accommodation open
- Applications received are processed and accommodation is allocated based on our priority list
- Applications are only considered if you have selected BMC as your first / firm choice (first year and Top-up students)
- NSP and Equine Livery Bursaries are also considered at this point
- Letters will be sent confirming the type of accommodation you have been allocated
- Any applications received after August 2016 are considered on a first come, first served basis
In line with other Universities, second and third year students studying at BMC are expected to live off-site.
We have a number of off-site BMC-managed properties and we can assist you in finding private accommodation.
Students living within a ten mile radius would be expected to commute and will not be considered for accommodation in the first instance.
Costs for 2017 to be confirmed. Please call us on 01664 855444 for more information.
Three simple steps
- Download the form (below)
- Complete and return as per instructions.
- Await confirmation of booking.
Accommodation Request form – covers accommodation, car parking and medical.
On the application form there is information about how refunds are made should you decide to defer your place etc. We always advise students to submit application forms as soon as possible and to confirm course offers.
What will it cost to live in shared accommodation?
A shared house will cost approximately £80 – 100 a week to rent but remember that there are additional costs on top of this which will include:
- Bond of approximately £250 to secure room and repayable at the end of contract if no damages to property and furnishings
- Utility bills
- Internet usage
- TV license
- Insurance for personal items
The college would encourage ALL first year / Top Up students to use the BMC Halls whilst you find your feet with the college, course and other students. This allows you time to concentrate on your studies and to find friends you might consider sharing with in your 2nd or 3rd years, if you wish to do so.
For any help or further information please contact Sophie McGoff on 01664 850 850 Ext. 247 or Lorraine Cox on 01664 850 850 Ext. 114 or email email@example.com.
Brooksby Melton College