The course has produced award winning practitioners using the College state-of-the art digital camera systems, 20ft Green Screen as well as industry-standard editing software and Mac products.
Students will also hone their team-working skills to allow them to respond effectively to the needs of this dynamic industry with opportunities to collaborate with Industry clients, Competitions, live briefs and Performing Arts students.
Click here to find out what you’ll be getting up to as a Film and TV Production student at BMC.
Click here to hear what our staff and students have to say about Film and TV Production degrees at BMC.
- Year 1: 88 UCAS points. Vocational Relevant L3 or 3 A levels (1 x Media studies preferred)
- Year 2: 120 Credits at Level 4 in relevant subject + bridging assignment (maybe required)
Year 1 Modules
- Lighting and Cinematography for Digital Film Production
- Screenwriting for Digital Film Production
- Post Production Sound
- Factual Project
- Cinema Aesthetics
- Editing Techniques for Digital Film Production
Year 2 Modules
- Directing for Digital Film Production
- VFX for Digital Film Production
- Fiction Project
- Independent Project 1
- Production Management for Digital Film Production
- Factual Project 2
- Research Techniques
Year 3 Modules
- Research Project
- Professional Industry Project
- Independent Project 2
- Freelance Business and Practice
- The Sound of Cinema
- VFX for Digital Film Production 2
Teaching is linked directly with professional practice. Guest practitioners and work experience opportunities help students to learn about their roles and the environments in which digital media practitioners work so they can become effective in the workplace.
Students are assessed through vocational, theoretical and practical competence tests. Formative assessment is also conducted throughout each module to ascertain the progress each student is making.
Continue on to a Post Graduate Qualification or you can enter employment or the freelance industry.
Enrichment and Employability
You will be given the chance to enter national film making competitions and be able to take part in national and international trips – London, Berlin, New York, Encounters Film Festival and LA.
Creative and Service Industries Campus at Melton
£7,500 per yearView All Courses